(Vintage blouse, Sighh x The Insecure Girls’ Club notepad, Emma London Vintage earrings, NARs palette, The Skirt Chronicles magazine, Maison Archives clip, Catbird Necklace, Blóma earrings, Willemien Bardawil print)
*post contains affiliate links and press samples
For day 5 of Giftmas, it was all about giving to your BFFL…
Now, this is a big old category- because your best friend can literally have a taste or interest in anything. You both might be athleisure-loving fitness fanatics, have a keen eye for bird watching or even both know your way around a sewing machine and some knitting needles, so this category admittedly, may very well miss the mark. You both might be polar opposites too, in which case you definitely know them better than I could ever attempt (duh). BUT! Going on the fact that my best friends and I have very similar tastes, I’ve pretty much picked out a series of things I particularly love (and would naturally be most gratefully received by yours truly too). Sometimes gift buying comes down to picking something you know you’d love to open, and when I think of shopping for my best friend- that’s usually a relatively safe way to go.
Anyway- I’ve started with a vintage blouse- although this one is from The Pansy Garden (and vintage), I think there’s something so special about picking them out something one of a kind, providing you’re confident in their size and style. Vintage is so brilliant for this (Etsy is a great place, but I also have a starters guide here), and I think it’s always pretty magical to open too. In terms of something a little more keepsake, I love the vintage jewellery selection from Emma London Vintage– and these earrings are no different. She has the coolest variety of picks, all with brilliant past stories and aesthetics too. Other beautiful jewellery picks come in from Catbird (certainly a little more on the spendy side but personally some of my favourite pieces in the world) and Blóma– who do the most gorgeous handmade earrings and accessories, who always, always go down a treat too. Carrying on from accessories- I’ve included this little cute-as-a-button clip from Maison Archives– who do the best hair accessories and collars in the game (trust me). There’s also a dreamy eyeshadow palette from NARs (this is their Orgasm eye palette which is THE best) in case you’re both constantly swapping beauty tips too. Stationery wise, I’ve included another favourite from the Sighh x The Insecure Girls’ Club collection to help pick them up when they need it- and also one of my favourite magazines, which not only looks beautiful but is packed with gorgeous reads, essays and articles too. A subscription is always such a lovely idea too- if you have a little more budget! Finally, for something uber personal, there are so many incredible artists who offer custom, original or pre-made prints too. Willemien Bardawil is one of my favourite discoveries of the last year (thanks to the South London Makers’ Market), and her work is absolutely heavenly (and you can now shop it at Liberty too)!
Other special ideas for the friend that’s worth it…
- Take them shopping: If you want something you know they won’t have perhaps treat them to an appointment with Laura von Behr for a truly heavenly vintage experience. You can try on together (regulations permitting) and grab a nice bit of lunch afterwards- dream afternoon!
- Tidy Street Store: For premium ladies wear and incredible brands (be it clothes, jewellery or beauty)- this Brighton based business is one of my favourites.
- S120: One of my top spots for accessories and quirky gifts, s120 is a one stop shop.
- Pico The Store: For gorgeous and affordable dainty jewellery (I love their birth year necklaces) check out Pico, Mood Good and Cult of Youth.
- Candle Customisation: We’re talking ultimate personalised candles here- and my two go-to’s are Kindred Fires and Pepper Loves.
- The Crop: One of the most beautiful jewellery stores, they also have a collaboration coming out with Liv & Dom which I know will be heaven.
- inNEOSS: For beautiful brands, designers and home wares you’re bound to be discovering for the first time.
- Joan The Store: Whether that’s for accessories from my pal Dulcie at Human Sea Vintage, or other wonderful women- this spot is incredible.
- Olivia Annabelle: For the most stunning dresses, blouses, collars and accessories- look no further than this magical brand.
- Elizabeth An’ Marie: You want the cosiest and coolest knitwear in town? Look no further.
- Papersmiths: For everything from stationery, the most interesting books and cards to make their heart full- Papersmiths has it all.
I’ve also added previous links to guides which cater to your special mate, if you need further reading too (as well as some extra picks below)!
Come back tomorrow for day 6 of Giftmas, shopping for him!