(Kate Barnét pyjamas, Bobbi Brown palette, Shoreditch Nails polishes, Space NK Shimmering Spice candle, Neighbourhood Botanicals Night Oil, Glossier Body Hero bar, Herbivore Botanicals bath soak, Oliver Bonas bath oil, Sleeper slippers, Notes on Love book)
*post contains affiliate links and press samples
For day 4 of Giftmas, it’s all about some serious TLC for your loved one…
In a sense, I feel like I should have called this category the ‘failsafe’ category. The one packed with woollens, cosies, bath products and the things that we so rarely treat ourselves to, but are always always happy to see bundled up under the tree (at least I am anyway). I truly don’t think you can ever go too wrong with anything from pyjamas to bubble bath- and, as sometimes ‘predictable’ and perhaps go-to as they are as gifts, they’re definitely that for a reason. That, or I’m definitely getting older- one or the other.
Anyway- I’ll begin with some of my favourite jammies online, which come from Kate Barnét. Not only are they the comfiest I’ve worn, but the prints she selects are what dreams are made of, and I know that I’d be very happy to see these again and again wrapped in ribbon name tagged for me. The same goes for these slippers from Sleeper. These are definitely a bigger investment gift, but are some of the cosiest, most classic slippers I’ve seen (who also happen to be by the brand of 2020 too, ooer)! For this guide, I also wanted to include a few products I absolutely love, but know I’d perhaps not treat myself to- often thinking they’d be a little ‘indulgent’ just to buy for myself, but knowing how brilliant they are- would definitely pick them up now. These include the Herbivore Botanicals bath soak (in fact any of their delicious bath products), the Neighbourhood Botanicals ‘Dream Dream Dream’ face oil (which is arguably one of my favourite products and a total repurchase-r) and the new Space NK Shimmering Spice candle, which is perhaps one of the most perfect Christmas fragranced candles I’ve tried and think it would pretty much be the perfect gift for just about anyone. For some more purse-friendly pampering, there’s the Oliver Bonas rose bath oil (which comes in the prettiest packaging) and Glossier’s new exfoliating bar which smells heavenly. I’ve also added in a couple of beauty picks, including a dreamy palette from Bobbi Brown’s Christmas offering (which is always 10/10) and the new vegan polishes from Shoreditch Nails (the ladies are also offering vouchers and online workshops too, if you’d rather pick up a pal a little post-lockdown treatment too). Finally, for the ultimate bath time reading, there’s this Notes on Love book. With essays from some of my favourite writers, it’s the perfect read to curl up with on a cold evening, and would make the most thoughtful present too.
Other wonderful treats to help that friend fully relax…
- Goods Lewes: For beautiful beauty products and slow living wares look no further.
- The ultimate treat: For a post-festive pamper, a voucher for or towards a treatment is never amiss. Two of my London favourites include (but are very much not limited to) Pfeffer Sal facials (who currently are doing online consultations which could also be a dream for someone outside of the city) & Gazelli Wellbeing for their full body treatments.
- Rare Birds Subscription: For the reader that doesn’t commit to a good unwind, a subscription to the Rare Birds book club (which specialises in women’s fiction) would make a gorgeous gift.
- Perfect PJs: For further jim-jam inspiration, Honna are another huge favourite- but check out my full sleepwear guide for more ideas here.
- Caroline Hirons ‘SkinCare’: For the beauty and skincare lover, this book is basically an essential. The holy grail of all things skin.
- Pai Skincare: For truly beautiful organic, and vegan products that work wonders- Pai are my go to (and also have a few lovely gifting options this year too).
- Sancho’s: Although largely beautiful fashion, I love the nightwear and beauty selection on ethical store, Sancho’s website. Their slipper selection is also chefs kiss.
- The Lather Box: Give them something new to try with these plastic free hair and body bars that will not only last, but be doing a little bit of good for the planet too.
I’ve also added previous links to guides which largely fall under pamper and beauty brolly, if you need further reading too (as well as some extra picks below)!
Come back tomorrow for day 5 of Giftmas, full of ideas for your best pal!