*post contains affiliate links and press samples
For day 6 of Giftmas, it was all about shopping for him…
I’m pretty sure I say this every year, but there’s something that is quite tricky about putting a gift guide solely for ‘the man in your life’ together without playing serious gender cliché bingo. Living with a man who does not solely get his kicks from cars, gin or home-brewing (but admittedly loves football and cooking steak), it’s a fine line to tread without ever veering into the obvious- but I suppose that’s what gift guides normally are (and sometimes things are cliché for a reason). It’s the same with any category, but I’d like to think these have all been given the Joe seal of approval, and sometimes when it comes to dads or granddads, it’s the failsafe options that are sometimes the most reliable.
Anyway- I’ll start with food. Whether that’s for a partner or parent, who wouldn’t love an Italian hamper rocking up at their door? I suggested a few options earlier this week– but even if you’re hitting your local Italian, or general deli up and building your own, it certainly doesn’t have to be expensive to be thoughtful (I love Good Food for fellow South Londonders)! On top of that, last year Joe got a pasta making kit and it’s been something that we’ve turned to again and again this year- and would make such a brilliant gift for any budding home chefs in your life. Veering slightly into the predictable yet reliable, are world’s best socks from Falke (honestly, I didn’t think I cared about socks until I tried these) and a fragrance from Maison Margiela that Joe wears almost every day and I love. They have such a brilliant selection of unisex fragrances- and often do customisable bottles this time of year too, so keep an eye out for those! In case he’s into his skincare Chanel also have a brilliant selection of men’s skincare which I think is pretty brilliant (especially if it’s anything like their women’s offering too). I’ve also included the new Accidentally Wes Anderson book (because, honestly- can you really go wrong with a coffee table book for Christmas?) As well as the Polaroid sx-70 camera, which is one of my most treasured items, and would make an unforgettable Christmas present if you’re looking to really treat them too.
A few other suggestions from some brilliant brands…
- Our Daily Edit: For a curated selection of brilliant men’s clothing and brands.
- Triangle Store Hackney: Covering everything from grooming, mid century furniture to clothes and lifestyle.
- Moments Of Sense And Style: From the most incredible custom art prints to candles and notebooks, MOSS have the most beautiful selection.
- Podcast Events: A lot of brilliant podcasts are doing live events at the moment (the Guardian Football Weekly just did one), so if there’s an independent podcast he loves, you could always get tickets or register them for their Patreon (if they haven’t already).
- Haeckels: For ultimate pampering, body care and lifestyle- Haeckels are a complete skincare haven.
- Life Story Edinburgh: For interiors and lifestyle, Life Story have the coolest selection.
I’ve also added previous links to guides for the men in your life, if you need further reading too (as well as some extra picks below)!
Come back tomorrow for the final day of Giftmas, and all about interiors!