(Wonky Picnic bowl, Batsheva x Laura Ashley oven mitt, petit trésor plate and bowl, Leo flowers peonies, Paul & Joe hand cream, Fan Club candle, Lazy Baking cookbook, Hill House Living book, Keep Candles egg cup candle, ‘Nogroni’ alcohol free cocktail)
*post contains affiliate links
It’s back! For the first day of Giftmas it’s all about the great indoors…
Oh my goodness, I can’t quite believe it’s time to dust off the annual gift guides and get back on the present-buying-wagon as the festive season rolls around. Is it just me or does it feel like this year has flown by in the blink of an eye? I feel like part of me is still in barbecue season (hence why my winter wardrobe is still firmly in the loft)- and I can’t quite believe the heady smell of cinnamon candles, eighties tinsel and mince pies in the oven (being warmed up from the Co-Op no less) is less than a couple of weeks away. EXCUSE ME! Anyway! much like last year, I thought I’d share these a little earlier than previous years, as I know it’s nice to get organised, take advantage of any offers that might be coming up- and naturally allow time for any small brands to get on top of orders and deliveries. I’ve included so many of my favourite small businesses in this years edits, and had to seriously draw the line when it came to putting these together (although I will say I *think* there’s at least one candle in every category)- otherwise I know I would have been here until Christmas 2023…
Anyway! The picks! For today I’ve opted for a handful of my favourite ‘home-y’ pieces; and universally joyful things that would sit pretty in lots of lovely abodes (and things I know I welcome sitting pretty in mine). I’ve included a couple of favourite small table wear brands; Wonky Picnic who does the sweetest small batch ceramics inspired by the great British picnic and petit trésor who, in my opinion, have some of the loveliest vintage home wares out there (who I’m also reluctant to share, but sharing is caring)! Talking of table wear, I recently fell in love with Keep Candles, who do the most timeless candles in ceramics and glass wear; all designed to be reused and repurposed long after the wick has gone out. For something a little more vintage inspired, it wouldn’t be a home category without the iconic new Batsheva x Laura Ashley oven gloves (which I will one hundred percent be serving the turkey in this year) and Fan Club’s new ‘Baby Love’ candle which is inspired by sixties pink powder rooms- which is enough to have me running a bath and pulling out my dressing gown pronto! For something to get stuck into, I was so excited to include the fabulous Paula’s beautiful new book Hill House Living; an extension of her endlessly cosy Instagram and filled with home styling tips, recipes and enough inspiration to keep you ticking over well into the New Year. I also included Lazy Baking by one of my favourite people to follow online, Jessica Elliot Dennison– which has some of the most delicious and easy to follow recipes, and has given me some serious festive cooking inspiration. Additionally, one thing I wanted to make sure to include was a couple of blooms by Leo Flowers; the best paper flowers out there, and the perfect way of giving some blooms that will last, quite literally, forever. Finally, for a couple of more purse friendly options, there’s this Paul and Joe hand cream (their d-reamy packaging always comes up top for me) and this cheeky little non-alcoholic cocktail by Seedlip which would make a glorious stocking filler too.
A handful of other brilliant businesses offering some beautiful goods for inside their four walls…
- To deck the walls: I could go on and on about the best prints, but a few lovely spots to pick up a gorgeous illustration or piece of art include Katie Tinkler illustration (for the best foodie inspired art), Emily Edwards for botanical collage-esque prints, Thee Bouffants for gorgeous leopard and fashion prints (this is a fave) and Peggy & Kate who do beautiful cards you could easily pop into a frame for an affordable and thoughtful gift.
- …and the mantle! I am completely besotted with Gracie Dahl’s little ceramic people– how precious would they be guarding your most beloved books on the shelf?
- Goods for the table: Got a keen host on your hands? No problemo! By Hope stock some of the prettiest floral table linens, whilst Style Your Spaces and Tea + Kate will have all of your napkin needs covered (and glassware, ceramics and heartbreakingly-cute wreaths too). I’m also obsessed with these Dolly Rocket coasters which can be customised depending on the colours you desire too, gorge! Also, if you fancy taking the load off of the host this year, Under The Ivy flowers have the prettiest Christmas candle arrangements (and pretty floral jars too).
- The coolest candles: God, this woman loves a candle. It’s the ultimate Christmas present (IMO) and although you’ll find a few dotted throughout the guides this week, I also wanted to give a shout out to Feu Candles (biscotti candles? YESSIR), Sancho’s for their CHRISTMAS CRACKER SCENTED ONE (truly deserves all caps) and Alina Candles for beautiful multiwick’s too.
- A postal tipple! Honestly, if you fancy sending a pal some of the finest bottled cocktails to their door this festive season, look no further than Black Lines. Whether that’s an espresso martini, margarita or this elderflower collins (which sounds particularly dashing)- that’s one way to perk up yer post!
- The luxury kitchen item: If you’re looking for a ‘big’ purchase for someone who has everything but loves all good home bits; consider one of the cracking Our Place pans. Not only a thing of beauty, but a one-pan wonder which looks just as pretty on your hob as it does cooking everything you’d ever wish for too.
I’ve also added previous links to guides covering home and interiors, if you need further reading too (as well as some extra picks below)!
Come back tomorrow for day 2 of Giftmas, the ultimate pamper guide!