Style · June 6, 2018

Sunshine Yellow & Wedding Plans

In the last couple of weeks, it’s truly felt like summer has arrived in the U.K. With the sun having shone for at least three days in a row, hay fever in full swing and Love Island on the horizon- it’s been so lovely being able to curl up in the garden, or, more excitingly, have the windows open for longer than five minutes and truly make the most of it. On top of that, with the end of last month marking one year until mine and Joe’s ~big day~ (wondering how on earth it crept around so quickly already)- Joe and I decided to celebrate the countdown by visiting our venue and venturing to one of our favourite places, Honest Burger, for a dinner of burgers and ice cream- the perfect start to summer too, if you ask me!

The evening turned out to be one of my favourites in a while. You know when you just have those days, where you look back on it and just feel warm and happy? That was that for me. I’m someone who is eternally pleased by life’s smaller pleasures, and spending an evening on a rare date night, in one of my favourite spots in London (which conveniently overlooks the hub of the city itself) was perfect. Plus, I didn’t need a jacket- which can only make things better, right? We spent the evening strolling through Greenwich Park (through a little secret entrance near the heath) and made our way down to the shops, by way of the beautiful river facing colleges.

Naturally, I got myself out of my old t shirts and denim jacket for the occasion (just, my friends, just) and pulled out this favourite yellow gingham Topshop number– which feels reminiscent of this Ganni top– if only at a slither of the price. I also paired it with a pair of jeans and bag you’ll be more than familiar with, and some favourite delicate jewellery pieces which I wear daily. Yellow isn’t really something I’ve ever braved wearing (after having my 9 year old bedroom in a canary yellow shade I thought I’d truly had my fix)- but after mixing up from mustard, have found that this sorbet yellow shade isn’t quite as intimidating as I’d once thought either- go figure!

Anyway, I’m so excited to get into the real ‘wedding countdown’, and would love to know if you’d like to see more bridal themed content on the blog? I feel like I’ve kept most things under wraps up until now (bar this wee video), so would love to know if you’d fancy seeing a little more- answers on a postcard!

x

(Top: Topshop, Jeans: & Other Stories, Bag: Clare V, Scarf: Madewell, Earrings: C/O Rock ‘n’ Rose, Bracelets: Daisy Jewellery, Necklace: Astley Clarke, Ring: & Other Stories, Shoes: Superga)

16 Comments

Claire
    June 6, 2018 at 8:00 pm

You look so lovely in this outfit, I especially love the yellow gingham top! 🙂 xx

Claire | rose-tinted.com

Natoya
    June 6, 2018 at 8:58 pm

Wood love to nose around your wedding plans. So excited for you. I love this top. The sherbet yellow is lush and i’m a sucker for a v neck. The ruffles add a little something extra : ) xo

Natoya
    June 6, 2018 at 9:00 pm

I actually wrote wood (would). I must be half asleep : ) xo

Julia
    June 6, 2018 at 9:51 pm

Such a pretty outfit, very summery! Love the top. These days have been wonderful in the UK, I really hope it lasts!
    I have seen your errands on Instagram and I’m really curious about the wedding details now haha, you picked a great area 🙂

Julia x
    Last Post: Four Steps to a Healthy Life | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/05/lifestyle-four-steps-to-healthy-life.html

Jenny T
    June 6, 2018 at 9:59 pm

I’d love to hear about your wedding plans! I live near Blackheath/Greenwich too so am very interested to know more about your venue. I got engaged earlier this year and we just booked our venue for July next year. The proposal was a complete surprise, I didn’t expect it at all and also didn’t even think I wanted it! I’ve been to a lot of weddings over the last few years but never really thought about what my own might be like as I wasn’t planning to get married! So, am very keen to find out how others are going about planning ‘cause Infeel a bit daunted by it all! 😊 Ps. Love your outfit x

Bella
    June 6, 2018 at 11:25 pm

You look amazing, Liv! The top suits you so well and it’s great for summer. Also, I’d love to see more wedding content on your blog – I’ve already watched your video and I’m excited for more 🙂

Courtney Hardy
    June 7, 2018 at 1:12 am

That sounds so exciting! I love the outfit, it is adorable.

Sahony Natasha
    June 7, 2018 at 2:38 am

love that top. yellow looks great on you.

xo. SN | http://www.sahonynatasha.com

Liv
    June 7, 2018 at 3:00 am

Such beautiful photos and such a great outfit!

Liv

Kayleigh
    June 7, 2018 at 10:38 am

I would love to hear more bridal themed content! It sounds like you had a lovely countdown celebration, so exciting! 🙂 x

Kayleigh |www.anenthusiasmfor.co.uk

Neeltje | Thoughts in Style
    June 7, 2018 at 11:19 am

This color combination is lovely for spring and summer! X

Diana
    June 7, 2018 at 11:36 am

This top is lovely! Can’t wait for the moment you share more about your wedding, bet you’re getting excited haha

xx

Margarita Maslova
    June 7, 2018 at 5:10 pm

So beautiful summer outfit! And the great photos)

RitalifeStyle.comInsta: ritamaslova_

Christina
    June 7, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Such a lovely look! Love this cute top!

Steph
    June 12, 2018 at 4:43 pm

Yes please to more wedding content!!! Steph x

Anna nuttall
    June 13, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Lovely yellow top, you look lovely. I would love to see wedding contents. xx