*post contains affiliate links
For day 2 of Giftmas, we’re talking about your friend that knows how to keep a plant alive (which isn’t necessarily a succulent)…
Ooerr! Is that a new category that we have here? This year, rather than doing ‘him, her, mum, dad’ etc, I thought I’d try and divvy things up into more personalised categories, based on tastes which aren’t governed necessarily by relationship or gender, but more-so what that person might like! I also realise I’ve never done a category solely focussed on all things green, so hopefully this might provide a little guidance- whether it’s for someone fully allotment savvy- mud in their nails and rosy flushed cheeks from the outside, a part time reluctant succulent mother- or just a pal with a nice window pane that could do with a little love.
For the inside, I’ve included this dreamy calendar by the ridiculously talented Annie Dornan Smith (who also does incredible prints, wrap and cards too)- I love how beautiful it looks as a feature too (and know I’d definitely end up repurposing the beautiful pictures afterwards)! There’s also this candle from the brilliant Michelle and Louise at & Chai, who do the most gorgeous fragrant candles and soy melts in the most delicious scents (I know they’ve been hugely popular, so give them a follow and keep checking back too)! I also thought I’d add in a vase from my local, and well loved, Alexandra Nurseries– so many garden centres are still open and operating- and they’re one that do incredible vintage wares as well as plants- which always make beautiful gifts. One of my favourite new discoveries are Window Fleur, a window box seasonal subscription service which offers a beautiful hand planted window box, changed seasonally delivered to your door. It’s one of the spendier items, but I think would make a gorgeous special ‘big’ or joint gift, especially if it’s something you know that person necessarily wouldn’t treat themselves to. I’ve also added in these incredible cutters from the girls at Sage (my favourite south London florist) who have partnered up with Sakagen (who produce some of the best floral scissors in the industry) which would make a brilliant present. Finally, subscriptions! Who doesn’t love a flower delivery? Luckily, there are so many to choose from and as well as the fail-safe Bloom & Wild subscription- Sage also do a monthly subscription which would also make the most thoughtful present too.
Other top brands doing some gorgeous gifts for plant lovers (and the more ‘outdoorsy’)…
- Rae Lifestyle: For beautiful natural slow living lifestyle and vintage wares, Rae have a gorgeous selection (and also offering click and collect locally).
- Conk: Handmade concrete planters and vases don’t come any chicer than these.
- Matilda Goad: Those iconic scalloped planters? Count me in, sir!
- Prick London: If you’re after high quality, low maintenance plants from £5 (or books, planters and everything in between), Prick London are delivering across the UK, which is bloody brilliant.
- National Trust: Being one of the few places we can all visit, why not treat someone to a National Trust membership so they can soak up all the beauty spots the UK has to offer?
- Grandfields: Whether it’s their merch, wreaths or beautiful blooms- Grandfields are doing some of the UK’s coolest flowers.
- Straw London: From dried flowers, gardening accessories, intricately woven baskets and all the beautiful vases in between- Straw have the most beautiful inside/outside selection.
- Sew Botanical: Don’t say it, sew it! From botanical inspired embroidery kits, for even the most unsuccessful plant parents.
- Joanne Truby: Joanne’s beautiful cards and workshops are always such a treat, so (everything permitting), booking in for a workshop with her would be a perfect present.
and some extra picks…
Come back tomorrow for day 3 of Giftmas, for the foodie!