(Wiggle by Wendy cards, Sighh x The Insecure Girls’ Club notebook & keyring, The Insecure Girls’ Handbook, Balm Dot Com, Caudalie Hand Cream Trio, The Stationer pencils & notecards, Liz Harry colouring book, Arthouse Unlimited soap)
*post contains affiliate links
It’s, erm, November! And you know what that doesn’t *usually* mean? Giftmas!
But hey, things are a little different this year, and I don’t think I need to go into too much detail about why these are a little earlier than usual- but hopefully whether you’ve started shopping, or are still in the planning stages- they’ll offer a little inspiration to get you started- all the while supporting small brilliant businesses who very much can get behind the extra lead time too. Anyway! It’s the same format as every year- my favourite picks for various categories over the week- with some extra bits you can click through too- only this year, with the addition of a small list of some of my favourite independent brands who are doing things that fit into certain categories too.
Now, there’s a lot of wonderful wonderful indie’s doing amazing things- and although I tried to include as many as I could- it’s also very much not possible for me to include everyone either (which I know you know, but I wish I could)! I still want these guides to feel handpicked and curated, so I hope you understand too. Thankfully, lots of brilliant creators on Instagram (be it individuals or businesses) are also sharing their favourites (check out Elly Pear, A South London Makers Market and Hand and Palm to get started)- so hopefully you’ll find a lot of goodness to give you ideas for this festive season!
To start off Giftmas, I’ve started with some gorgeous gifts under £20. Whether you’re shopping for a pal you know inside out, or a colleague you’ve ended up with through secret santa- hopefully these will supply a few ideas! One of the first things I was so excited to include is this gorgeous colouring book from colour queen Liz Harry. Liz’s pieces are absolutely dreamy, and I know this would make for a pretty top lockdown, or cosy evening with the TV on job. I’ve also included a couple of gorgeous stationery picks from The Stationer, some serious soap to make you smile from my favourites at Arthouse Unlimited– as well as a bit of shameless self promotion in a pretty decent read for a pal (if I can say so myself… Ahem). On top of that, I’ve added in the newest Balm Dot Com (because find me someone that doesn’t love a lip balm), and the new Caudalie handcream trio which comes in at a pretty brilliant £12, and would make a really thoughtful gift (especially this year)! Additionally, there’s a couple of my favourite pieces from the Sighh x The Insecure Girls’ Club collaboration, including this ‘No worries if not’ notepad (which is coming back very soon), and one of my favourite key rings. Everything in the collection is under £20, so it’s a pretty good place to start if you’re a little lost! Finally, how could I not include these Christmas cards by Wiggle by Wendy? Even if this year you’re simply looking for pretty cards to fill with sentiment, these are absolutely gorgeous- and I know that whoever would be opening one would be very happy indeed.
Other brilliant brands for beautiful bits under 20 quid…
- Oaken: For the perfect socks that won’t make you go ‘oh, another pair of socks…’
- Janet’s List: In particular their gift and beauty lists for dreamy ideas from brilliant Black owned businesses largely under £20.
- One Soft Hand: For the most luxurious and beautiful bedside lavender bags (trust me, you’ll want this on display).
- Textiles by Rachel: For her beautiful hand-drawn zodiac prints for £12.
- Persephone Books: Buy a pal a classic book from an incredible female author ( Persephone reprints neglected fiction and non-fiction by mid-twentieth century (mostly) women writers), I love their perfect present list for unique book ideas.
- The Happy Newspaper: Give someone something to smile about every few months with a subscription to Emily’s brilliant The Happy Newspaper.
- Bare Bones Chocolate: The mini’s have launched and they are a DREAM. Plus, who doesn’t love receiving chocolate?
- Poppy Almond: One of the coolest illustrators, a pack of Poppy’s cool vinyl stickers would make the perfect little gift to slip into a card.
I’ve also added previous links to guides which largely fall under the ‘under £30’ or ‘stocking filling’ umbrella, if you need further reading too (as well as some extra picks below)!
Come back tomorrow for day 2 of Giftmas, for the green fingered friend!