Hello all! About two weeks ago I was cooking a vegetable lasagne and was erm… tweeting at the same time about what I was doing. ANYWAY, I asked if people would be interested in seeing a recipe for it, and was surprised to get quite a response, so in response to that response I have decided to comprise a recipe for my trusty vegetable lasagne!
I have taken some ‘step by step’ snaps to help and make it a little less mundane, but if you have any questions then don’t hesitate to ask!
Anyway, YOU WILL NEED: (you can mix and match the veg to your taste, this is just what I use)
– 1 hour 30 mins/2 hours spare cooking and serving time!
– Olive Oil
– 2 courgettes, chopped into small chunks
– 1 aubergine- chopped into chunks
– 1 red pepper/ OR mushrooms
– 1 medium red onion
– 2 gloves of crushed garlic
– 1 jar of lasagne or bolognaise sauce, I use Dolmio
– 1 jar of white sauce- again, I use Dolmio- but white sauce is pretty straight forward to make by scratch.
– parmasan cheese
– packet of mozzarella/150g
– lasagne sheets
– herbs & pepper for seasoning
… Beach Boys soundtrack is optional.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6.
2. Chop your vegetables, and put them in a baking tray. Toss them with some Olive Oil to help them soften up and roast nicely. Add your herbs and black pepper for seasoning. Put in the over for 25-30 minutes, or until they look browny golden (you can toss them a couple of times in between this cooking period so they all get cooked to an even colour).
3. Take the veg out, reduce the oven to 180 degrees.
4. Put the lasagne sauce into a pan, and add the vegetables. Leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. To ‘build’ your lasagne, spoon a layer of your veg and sauce into your baking dish covering the bottom. Add some lasagne sheets on top, followed by a covering of white sauce and parmasan/mozzarella- do this until you run out (this mix usually makes about 3 layers of veg and can serve up to 6 people).
6. Cook for about 35-40 minutes or until golden and bubbling- then take it out and enjoy!
Although it seems like there may be a lot to do, this is really quite simple, and makes quite a mean dish! If any of you try it out let me know how it goes- bon appetit!
(if you want also try these a-mazing dressings from Pizza Express mmm!)
Sorry about some of my terminology in this post, I merely cook for fun- so please excuse any inaccurate phrases!