Let’s be honest, around the festive period- not everyone has time (or energy) to whip up (pardon the pun) a three tier cake over a day ready for Christmas parties or dinners, but hey- we all still want to impress, right? After being approached by the wonderful culinary company Betty Crocker as part of their #ICAKEYOU campaign, I thought it would be a nice way to add a spin on my #bakewithliv series, for those that perhaps aren’t as fluent with a cookbook, and perhaps simply don’t have the time. With Betty, it’s easy to create a pretty special celebration cake, without parting with more than an hour to whizz it up- but you don’t need to tell anyone that, I promise! This Christmas red velvet bake took me approximately 60 minutes (and even less to share out and devour)!
You will need:
– 2 x Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake Mix
– 2 x Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Style Frosting
– Rosemary and cranberries for decoration
– A sprinkling of icing sugar
– Zero patience ; )
1. I can’t dress up this recipe and begin to pretend it took any more than ten minutes to prepare, so I won’t! Reading the back of the box, I threw in the required 6 eggs, 210ml vegetable oil and 400ml water to the added two cake mixes, gave it a good mix and separated it into 4 greased cake tins- viola!
2. With your prepared mix, bake the cakes for about 23 minutes until cooked through (naturally), before taking out and leaving to cool on a wire rack. Once cool, ice using two Cream Cheese Style Frosting tubs- before finishing with a rosemary garland, some cranberries and a little icing sugar! You know what they say, less is more!