When I’m working from home, the first lunch remedy I usually turn to is something big and bready- mhmm. Be it a bagel packed with avocado (which I’ll definitely have to mention in another blog post) or a baguette- I’m not exactly one for being the most healthy come midday. Recently however, I’ve been making a little more effort to be a little more sensible, turning to Ryvita with lots of fun toppings- and after flicking through Lorraine Pascale’s new ‘How to be a better cook‘ book- I felt inspired to give these little Carribean inspired toastie cups a whirl- and let me tell you, they took no time at all and they didn’t disappoint!
You will need (for about 6):
– 6 x Mini Pittas
– 1 red pepper chopped in to small chunks
– 1 avocado, cut into small chunks
– 1 mango/ready cut mango (if you cheated like me)!
– Red kidney beans
– 2 spring onions
– 1 red chilli, deseeded- or a few chilli flakes
– Juice of 1 lime
– Fresh mint leaves
– Olive oil/Salt and pepper to season
– A cupcake/muffin tray
2. Stack the wraps on top of one another and cut them into quarters. Push one quarter into each hole of the cupcake trays, pressing it in to fit- and continue to do so until each case has about three quarters in and is covered to make a cup.
3. Pop the wraps into the oven and bake for about 5 minutes until the cups are crisp and a little brown. Whilst they are in the oven, mix the pepper, avocado, mango, kidney beans, spring onion, chilli, lime and mint together in a bowl and season if necessary.
4. Once the cups are cooked, remove them from the oven and fill them will the mixture- enjoy for the perfect light lunch!