Now, French toast is bloody easy. Let me tell you that. I’m not even sure it warrants a recipe on here as it’s literally 3 ingredients (cinnamon, vanilla extract and anything else are totally optional- but equally tasty)- but seeing as I only started eating and making it myself during a recent trip to the US- I thought I’d share it, incase anyone else has yet to discover the next wonder of the world. Plus, it now reminds me of this hilarious Louis CK clip (from 1:21 HERE) that Joe now always says at the mention of the above, so that is only ever a good thing too (plus it’s a great breakfast treat)…
You will need (per slice):
– 1 egg
– 4 tablespoons milk (or a big glug)
– Brioche loaf (most bread is fine, but the sponginess makes it more absorbent)
– Syrup/Raspberries/and anything you fancy to go on top!
2. Soak your toast in the milky mix for a couple of minutes, and rotate to make sure it’s completely soaked (I don’t like my toast too soggy, so don’t worry)!
3. Pop a knob of butter in a frying pan on a medium heat, and wait until the butter has melted and the pan has heated.
4. Pop the bread into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until a golden brown colour on each side, flip half way through- adding more butter if necessary!
5. Remove from the heat, and serve straight away with all the toppings of your choice. Repeat as necessary ; )
If you give these a go yourself don’t forget to use the hashtag #bakewithliv so I can see! Also, let me know if there’s any recipes you’d like to see! I have a baking giveaway coming up too, so keep your eyes peeled!