This is a little bit of an unexpected post for me this evening, after planning and snapping for another more fitness related post today (which’ll appropriately be up tomorrow) I decided otherwise- and seeing as these have gone down so well this weekend (I baked about 12 yesterday- there are now 4 left) I thought it’d be rude to not share them with you! Additionally, with the nasty weather outside, and the excuse to stay tucked up in doors (who else has got a dressing gown and Strictly on?), what’s better than hitting up the kitchen and whipping up some treats? Nothing, that’s what. On top of that, these are so easy, and are that perfect ‘not-too-gooey-but-gooey-enough-with-a-crisp-edge’ type- which are personally my favourite ; )
‘Zip it and give us the recipe!’ I hear you cry! Oh ok then! Also! If you do try this out hashtag any pictures with #bakewithliv- I’d love to see them and start building some posts with your bakes!
You will need:
200g x unsalted butter
100g x dark chocolate bar, broken into pieces
200g x caster sugar
4 x eggs at room temp
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
75g x plain flour
25g x cocoa powder
100g x chocolate chips
1 x bag of chocolate covered honeycomb pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Chop up the butter and place in a saucepan, add the broken chocolate and simmer over the lowest heat until just melted- and then let it cool off.
2. Put the sugar and eggs into a mixing bowl and beat until slightly frothy. Add in the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until there are no streaks.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon- add in your vanilla essence.
5. Prepare a 20x30cm baking tin (this ensures your brownies are of a good thickness) lined with greaseproof paper, and scrape your mixture into it.
6. Place into the heated oven and bake for 20 minutes, check with a knife to see if the brownie is done- if not, leave for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the brownie (oven gloves kids!) and leave to cool before cutting into squares!
P.S I know I’ve done more recipes than normal lately- let me know if you’d like less, I’ve gotten a little carried away in the kitchen!